Monday, February 18, 2008

cue the violins

sorry for the delay. I've sunk into a lethargic, melancholy state. Seems that SAD has taken over. I thought i had a hold on it. I thought I was making it through this long, dreary, cold winter just fine. I have some bright colored scarves, the sun is shining today, I am in no means alone & secluded, so why all of a sudden has it hit me? The last few days in Seattle have even been sunny and in the 50s! What gives? Has it been building up and I've just suppressed the inevitable? I came to a realization that I was being SADly affected when i found myself driving out of my way to stop by the mini-mart for milk duds or Peanut Butter M&M's just because and if I'm bored at home at night, I'll self-medicate with a large glass of wine and/or Benadryl to sleep through the boring night (averaging once a week.). What will cure this? Tanning? Shopping? One of those big lights you sit in front of for an hour and it's supposed to simulate the effect the sun has on you?

Tell me: How do you beat the winter blues?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cure is a vacation with ME in Arizona. April- be there or be square.

MWAAA.

Anonymous said...

You're much more cheery than this now! You need a new blog about all the fun you've/we've been having!!