Thursday, February 07, 2008

pour l'amour de la France !

along with their food, wine and literature, I happen to adore French films. Amelie, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset tops my list and je t'aime paris is not far along either. The scenery, language and romanticism is what makes those films so appealing to me. Last night I watched the film "2 Days In Paris", which is set in Paris, staring Julie Delpy and Adam Goldberg. It was comedic, romantic, and strangely reminded me of anther cheeky, sarcastic, witty couple I know all too well. It's the story of this couple who have just traveled around Venice and they make a 2 day stop in Paris to visit her family and see her friends before heading back to NYC. What seems like a romantic European get-away trip soon starts to unravel and it becomes hilariously chaotic and dysfunctional. This film is a must-see...and don't worry, this isn't like my "Crossroads" movie recommendation. Trust me...

Along with loving French films, I've decided to learn to speak French for my upcoming trip to Paris and Provence in June. I've been to France so many times before and plan on returning for the rest of my life (maybe even living there one day?) and it would be the most beautiful language to speak. Also, it helps to have someone learn it with you, which is why I've enlisted JSW to learn with me. I found a great album to learn French from on itunes called "Rapid French". They place drum & bass music in the background while reciting French phrases along with the beat. I think it's a brilliant way to learn a language because you know how easy it is to get a song and a beat stuck in your head? - well now you have French stuck in your head all day long and I've already learned so much. They also have a great "Rapid Italian" that I will learn once I've mastered French.

au revoir!

1 comment:

Whitney Andersen said...

CROSSROADS was a great movie!