Thursday, January 01, 2009

reflecting on the year that's passed.

Someday someone might come into your life and love you the way you’ve always wanted. If your someday was yesterday, learn. If your someday is tomorrow, hope. If your someday is today, cherish. by Anonymous


I've been sitting here for hours - the sun has set, my third cup of tea's gone cold and I'm one and a half red velvet cupcakes in - staring at a blank screen, not knowing where to begin to sum up the year that was 2008. So many memories, people and places that have come and gone. There were highs and lows that came and went just like the seasons, and now as I sit and survey those memories, all I can do is smile.

What will 2009 have in store for me? I couldn't tell ya. I was amazed at all the experiences, people and places that I was fortunate to be a part of this last year. If this new year is anything like the last, it cannot be missed.

So, au revoir 2008, hello 2009! Today is a great day. All past mistakes are not quite erased, but fading day by day and all strengths and memories acquired in the year that's passed stay with us and I continue to learn from them. Some resolutions will be kept and some will (most likely) be broken, but year after year the resolution that stays is love. Always love.

Last, but not least, thank you to every one who has been a part of my life in the last year. You are all loved greatly.

xoxo,

b


(photo via overflowing)

No comments: