Monday, January 26, 2009

*tear*

let me try to wipe the tears away so i can write this post.

sorry, that was a bit dramatic, but seriously, today is not a happy day. And I'll tell you why:

I visited the orthopedic doctor this morning (a man with a REAL foot fetish!) to get a better sense of my foot's recovery and since the foots been feeling a bit better lately, I was anticipating him telling me I can take the large, black boot I've been wearing off whenever I feel like it. Ha! Oh, was I wrong! Not only did he NOT tell me to take the boot off but he took more x-rays and a MRI and realized that my foot's broken in a different spot than I'd originally thought. So now he wants a CT scan to see if we have to operate. OPERATE?! WTF? I tripped on a curb and this could lead to an operation!? This is ridiculous!

So after all the tests we talk "recovery activity schedule". Since foot injuries take the longest amount of time to heal, I must keep wearing the boot for another 6 weeks!...and no running until April, especially yoga and pilates, as those exercises put too much pressure on foot joints! I think the doctor could tell those words: "until April" were a little too much for me to handle as my cheeks got really red and I started to feel lightheaded and hot. Although, he did tell me that I can swim and use the stationary bike to get exercise, so it's not all bad news, as long as the CT scan comes back ok. I can't imagine recovering from a surgery. I've seen enough of Kevin's recovery process first-hand to want to stay far away from that!

After news like that (and on a Monday, no less!) I'm going to need a strong, strong drink tonight.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Stick with it Beth! You'll never be so excited to run in April!!!

Anonymous said...

Noooo!!! i'm so sorry beth beth. :( i love you...call you today.
xo - lo