Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sleepless nights

I'm here! After a long long long day of traveling I made it to Glasgow! Usually the flights aren't so bad for me because I can sleep anywhere, including cramped airplane seats...But this trip was different. Even with the empty seat beside me I was awake for most of the 7 hour flight from Chicago to Dublin, which I blame on the in flight movie service showing "The Lake House" (I just had to watch it!) and I forgot to pack my sleeping pills. It's always a kick flying over to Glasgow with the amount of elderly people going on vacations. My plane was full of them!! They're sooo chatty and the funniest thing was when they all synchronized their watches. so cute! So back to my lack of sleep....because I didn't sleep on the plane, I slept most of the day when I arrived in Glasgow and after 2 days here, I've had 2 almost sleepless nights!! NOT FUN!! Especially when I have to get up in a couple hours and traveled to Edinburgh for my orientation. I just hope I don't fall asleep during that. My Starbucks card from jenna might just come in handy tomorrow.

all in all, I am here safely, with both my bags (not filled to the brim, I might add) and eager to find a job and meet some new people. I should write more but as I look at the clock and it reads 6:48 am and I have to be up at 8 am and I am having an internal war with myself. There's so much to do and I tend to lie awake and think of it all and can never push it to the side and relax. I'm going to try and do that right now. Maybe this blog has helped me pour a bit out and even though all of you can't communicate with me right now, I feel like I've communicated with you and I like that. Now my eyes need to close and my brain needs to shut down. goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI how is it?
Is the weather as cold and rainy as it is here?
Or is it really sunny?
Please write back.

FRANCES