Sunday, October 15, 2006

Piles and piles!

The packing has begun! I was beginning to get a bit worried as I rifled through my closet yesterday and tossed out everything I thought I wanted to bring to Scotland. As the pile became bigger and bigger, I just kept thinking to myself, "two suitcases Bethany, just two suitcases." The only downside about going to Scotland in the fall and winter (beside the nasty rain) is that I have to pack all my jackets and sweaters! Oh, and don't forget the Uggs! They all take up so much room in a suitcase. Is it possible to vacuum pack a whole suitcase? hmmm....


At least I'm not going to a third world country. Whatever I forget, I can buy over there, but being a girl on a budget I want to save as much expenses on items I already have, instead of buying another there. Also, I'm not bringing a hair-dryer, curling iron, or anything that needs to be plugged in. Since the outlets are different in Britain, I don't want to bring over all my American appliances and then have to buy 10 converters!! That would be a mess!

The rest of the week before I leave will be pretty low-key. I'm all done with work and most of the errands I have to do won't take too long. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week before the big move!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm more than happy to adopt any of the shoes you're leaving behind!!! I wouldn't want them to get lonely!!!