Monday, October 30, 2006

"Best band in Britain"..says me!

this is the first night I've really stayed in and had time to do whatever I wanted...like catch up on the US Weekly gossip (Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe split! SHOCKER!), listen to all my fashion podcasts that I've downloaded, and go next door to the shop for a Magnum bar (British version of a Haagen Daaz). I quite like nights in...so peaceful and calming. I thought I would share with you some new music that I hope you'll all enjoy. Kevin's band, The Moth and the Mirror played a gig last Thursday night at a bar called Brel. Brel is located on one of the cutest streets I've ever seen called "Ashton Lane". It's a cobblestone street located in the west end of Glasgow (basically the Notting Hill to its London). Anyways, really great location! There was a beer festival going on in Ashton Lane so the bar was packed. TMATM (abbreviations are simpler) were the head-lining band and I'd say they didn't let the fans down! Even though their sound was coming through an amplifier and they were told to "keep it down" by the Brel management, their beautiful sounds drifted sweetly throughout the lane. Also...a warm welcome was given to me by Stacey (lead singer) and the band when they dedicated their song "Everyone I Know " to me because it is about "someone being far away". Fortunately I am not far away from any of them anymore and I can attend every one of their gigs from here on out!


hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the band and MISS YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

that was from Ashley ha whoops