Wednesday, October 11, 2006

11 days and counting!

so this is the beginning of what hopefully will be a great way for all my friends and family to hear about my upcoming trip....err, i mean MOVE to scotland! I keep saying "trip", as if I'm going on vacation for a couple weeks and then coming home. I've never moved anywhere. The furthest I've moved in the last 13 years is across the 5-20 bridge and back! Instead of sending out a mass email to people, I thought it would be easier to have a place where I can write about all the exciting things going on while I'm living in Scotland. This should be interesting....

things are starting to get a bit hectic as i prepare to leave for Scotland! I just returned from a wonderful weekend in Napa for my mom's 50th birthday! It was full of great food, good wine and lots of our family friends. I was in a drunken/happy haze all week long!

Since I've flown back, i've had lots of odds and ends to tie up: cell phone, job search, flat search, purchase a incredibly large suitcase to fit all my stuff, and see each and every one of my friends!! I'm trying to maintain a balance so I don't get too overwhelmed and spend the next week or so having a breakdown. I want to seize every opportunity I can before i leave because I know once I am gone, I will miss everything and everyone!

No comments: