Sunday, February 07, 2010

my new G11. Ain't it grand?

After much thought, consideration, and a lot of pressure from a few people who will (for now) go unmentioned, I bought a new, fancy camera yesterday!

It's been a long process of contemplating, researching and driving back and forth from the camera store and playing 20 questions with the sales man. For the past few months, I've wanted an entry level Nikon dslr, like this or this. But last week, after I put the money aside and vowed to purchase a camera this week, I started to call around to stores and come to find out - the cameras I was once considering are now discontinued. so lame. After all that research, I am back at square one. crap. After a day of sulking, I convinced myself that the newer models, the d3000 or d5000 would be sufficient choices. That was 24 hrs ago, and I have now come out of that decision and done a complete 180 and decided to not only not buy a dslr, but it's not even a Nikon (gasp!)! I concluded that a more portable camera with the features that I knew I would love and use would be a far better choice than a fancy, bulky dslr, where the only option I was really loving was the fact that I could change lenses, and I probably wouldn't be doing that for a while after I dropped my savings money on the body alone!

So I got this:

And I couldn't be happier. The G11 is a little bit vintage and a lot top of the line technology - perfect for me. Here's a few of the first photos I took with my new camera:

 
 

Not too bad, eh?

More to come...

No comments: