Sunday, January 03, 2010

camera lust


I'm shopping for a new camera (it will play a big part in my NY resolution...more on that later) and this baby is just beautiful. I'll spare you all the nerdy details, but this camera is amazing.  I couldn't of said it better than this:

"I like walking around Chicago with the GF1 on my shoulder. It gives me that feeling of Leica superiority without the expense. The Micro Four Thirds system may have originated in Japan, but the romance of shooting on the latest systems is purely European. For the first time in a long time, a piece of electronics has made me long for an era and a place that I never knew.  Every soccer mom tourist in Chicago has a dSLR. They may take prettier photos than I do, but damn do I long to be different once in a while. And I'm here to say that, if you crave a Micro Four Thirds for the same reason, it's my opinion that the GF1 works well enough that, well, that's OK. I'm just not trading my dSLR for one."

I agree. My thoughts exactly. 

No comments: