Saturday, November 29, 2008

thinking about jane.


while flipping through the channels the other day, I stumbled onto the last 15 minutes of the film "The Jane Austen Book Club". From not seeing the whole film, I assume that as the characters in the film read all of Austen's books, it brings each couple closer together and into a better understanding of themselves and life. Looked nice enough to me. Well, that got me thinking about my friend Ashley who is obsessed and totally infatuated with all things Jane Austen. If you're not careful, she'll sneakily find a way to convince you to watch Pride & Prejudice with her- the BBC version, which is 4 hrs long! She has been living in Namibia for the last year, but soon she will fly home! I can't wait to have her back so we can sit at a coffee shop for hours reading, or writing or chatting. She's taught me many things, like how to drive a stick-shift car before we took a long roadtrip to Des Moines. 7 years after we've met, and although life can take you in different directions (AFRICA!!) I'm still so happy to have her in my life and can't wait to welcome her home with open arms!

So, that whole story has led me here, to my next reading book: Jane Austen's Persuasion. A I read it, I will think of you Ashley Jane. Come home soon!

No comments: