Tuesday, November 18, 2008

reading bloody books


Before my recent trip to DC (which i have yet to blog about...I know. I'm sorry!) when I was in desperate need of a new book, my friend, Katie recommended Twilight by Stephenie Meyer to me. The novel is geared toward young adults but adults are just as obsessed with this suspenseful thriller about the lives of vampires growing up in Forks, Washington, which is located on the Olympic Peninsula and was chosen as the place of residence for the vampires because it is the rainiest place on earth, so says Google. I was a little weary to read the book, as vampires and teen romance novels are not my go-to book reads, but Katie told me it was the perfect book for traveling - a page-turner type book that you can really lose yourself in...and well, she was right! After 2, 5 hr long flights and layovers in airports, I finish the book and became OBSESSED! Thank God there are 3 more books in the series. The second, New Moon, I bought last night and expect to finish in a couple days.

The Twilight series has a cult following, much like how Harry Potter started out, which was evident to me as the flight attendant, Starbucks barista, women on the metro and Barnes & Noble employee all excitedly commented on me reading the book. This Friday, the first film based on the book comes out into theaters. I can't wait to see it..with Katie, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, yes!!! let's plan a date... xoxo