Monday, February 12, 2007

new loves...

new love #1: Rugby

Currently the Six Nations Rugby Tournament is going on all over Europe i couldn't help but not get into it. As an American, where rugby is such a foreign sport, i knew very little about it. I didn't even know that after the man with the ball was tackled, the game keeps going and they basically rip and tug and pull at each other until the ball's free. It's good fun seeing those boys get all dirty and bloody- no padding mind you! That's a true sport! I don't know what American football fans think they're watching - a bunch a big guys with PADDING running 5 yards then falling, 5 more yards then falling, then maybe 15 more. So what the Six Nations is all about is Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, England, and Wales will play each other twice, once at home and once away. This last weekend I sat at the pub with my friend Becs, my Rugby guru, for about 5 hours watching England v. Wales and Scotland v. Italy. Scotland WON!! :) In order to keep our seat in a crowded pub we had keep ordering drinks and food so we had a 3 course meal with dessert and drinks! It was good fun!

new love #2: grocery shopping:

I have my cool, eco-friendly, canvas bag that I fill up with my fruits and veg, yogurt, porridge oats and muesli and other nibbly bits and it never cost more than like 10 pounds or so. Such a good deal for organic! I also have loved shopping every few days or so. I'm buying fresher foods and alot more fruit and veg. I think I'm eating alot better since I've lived in Glasgow - besides the endless coffee and occasional, not nearly as many as before, cakes and pastries from work. hehe. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi beth
How are you doing?
And Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you are having a very loving one. What do you usually do on Valentine's Day?

Do know what would be cool. It would be cool if you could respond to me so my ansers would be responded.

Sorry I haven't visited your blog, or replied in a while. (I almost forgot about it.)

Spring soccer has already started and we have been working so hard it drives me NUTS! I don't get as sweaty though, which is nice.

I HAVE SO MUCH TOO WRITE AHHHHHHH!

I won't bug you any more though.

OR NOT...

What is the weather like there is it really warm really cold or somewhere in between?
It is really wet today but you sure know Seattle things change quickly and dramatically.

Okay now bye :(