Wednesday, February 28, 2007

i've been living in Glasgow for 4 months....4 MONTHS!!!....and these are the first pictures i've been able to take since i've been here. That fact just makes me want to cry. The moment i got here, my camera broke and until a few days ago I had given up hope on it's revival. It still "works" fine and takes pictures, but the screws that hold it together have all fallen out, so basically you just have to hold the camera together, and take a picture and it works! Oh well, at least I was able to capture some moments of my friend Waynes visit to Glasgow. Wayne and I are long-time friends! :) We met 6 years ago in London while Lauren, Whitney and I took a trip to Europe just before I went off to college. He's originally from South Africa but for the last 3 years he's lived in London and the last few trips I've taken over the pond I've been able to visit him. He even came over a few years ago to Seattle and visited me and Lauren! This weekend was a short trip for him due to work but we made the best of it. From drinks out with friends at Brel, a favorite Ashton Lane pub of mine, to sightseeing and being touristy all day long on Saturday. We walked from one end of the city and back - never missing a spot in between - and ended up watching Rugby. Scotland got their butts beat sooo badly, but so did England, so all is fair in the United Kingdom. Saturday night it was off to a Cuban street party where we were on the guest list- which meant complimentary drinks! :) There were cuban dancers, great bands and a famous cuban cigar roller flown in from Havana to roll cigars all night long. It was alot of fun dancing to cuban music and sipping our mohitos! Here are some pictures I took of our weekend sightseeing....


....wayne and I outside Kelvingrove Museum (sorry, you can't see the museum. My arms not long enough.)

...me on top of the Lighthouse, Scotlands center for architecture and the designs of Charles Rennie Mackintosh

....the view of Glasgow city centre from the Lighthouse

2 comments:

Lee said...

Beth! That's so cool that you've been able to live in the UK for a while now! I think I received a random email from you a while back about your blog and just found it. Well, keep the updates coming, I miss it all from when I spent a quarter there with the business program. Cheers!

Lee

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
Sorry I haven't written in a while it is because I have had choir, spring soccer, and softball.
I miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and wish I could see you soon. I hope you have been having a lot of fun in Scotland. I have been having a lot of fun here myself. It has gotten to be really warm in Seattle, FINALLY!
We have a new babysitter, I don't know if I have told you about her yet. Anyways her name is Masha, she is really nice but not as nice as you.:) I haven't seen her in a while, neither have I seen Sarah in a while, but me and Sarah are going to go bike riding soon together.

See you soon,
*Frances