Saturday, February 07, 2009

goodbye

I thought everyone had heard the news by now but when I informed my friend Anne last night of the demise of Domino Magazine she was shocked. She had not heard the news yet - obviously, because she just sent them her $20 dollar subscription check (i doubt she'll be getting that back!). It occurred to me that it's only old news to me because it's been circling the blogs that I obsessively read daily for a week now. And since I saw the news all over, and everyone was posting about it, I decided not to. But now after reading the Editors Note, I feel like I must. So here are just a few, but significant inspirational moments from my Domino reading days....


may 2005...love at first sight: the very first Domino cover


i remember seeing this cover and obsessing over Ione Skye's bedroom. I still think about that house and come back to it's pictures regularly for inspiration


Jessie Randal (of Loeffler Randall) on the September '06 cover - her clean, chic and girly style was an obvious translation from her home into her clothing and shoe designing


this was the cover from just a few months ago where they featured the indie fashion and hip boutiques of Seattle and J.Crew creative director Jenna Lyons home - which has lead me to become obsessed with painting my living room that same shade!


Thankfully, Nick Olsen, the deals and decorating blogger from Domino is still blogging...just in a different spot. Phew! I wonder how many other Domino bloggers will continue their inspiration elsewhere?

Now, excuse me while I voraciously save all my Deco files and images from Dominomag.com!

No comments: