Wednesday, February 11, 2009

fruit & veg

Here's what came today in my organic fruit & veg seasonal bin from New Roots Organics!!

2 Braeburn Apples
1 Rio Star Grapefruit
2 D'Anjou Pears
2 Minneola Tangelos
2 Medium Yellow Onions
1 bunch of Broccoli
1 Gold Pepper
1 head of Green Butter Lettuce
1 lb Klamath Pearl Potatoes (an Heirloom waxy variety)
1 bunch of Tuscan Kale
1 Bunched Carrots
1 Hass Avos

I'm really starting to love getting these every other week. Everything is organically grown and as local as they can get it! I look forward to it every Tuesday and usually spend most of the day scheming and planning recipes to make. And I don't even have to do that because they always include a recipe in my bin to go along with one of items - this week it was Roasted Pear & Butter Lettuce Salad! Yum! They also have a great website with information on what you're about to receive, how to store it all and recipes for just about everything! I had some carrots left over from my last order so I used those in the carrot bread I made tonight!


Looks good, huh?

No comments: