Saturday, December 30, 2006

days like today....

picture this....since i can't physically take a picture to show you, i will describe what i am so desperatly wanting to take a picture of!! It's the most beautiful day in Glasgow today. I fell asleep last night to rain, thunder and lightning and knew that could not be a good sign of what the next day would bring but i was wrong! As i sit in a coffee shop looking out over the River Clyde and the Kelvingrove Park, the sun is shining brightly (where are those sunglasses when i need them?) and the air is crisp and clear. No need for an umbrella or wellies today, it's just a scarf and some uggs and I'm comfortably walking around this city in awe. I love days like these. It's why I suffer through the long winters of rain and dark skies. When you get to days like these, it makes you appreciate them THAT much more.

Although I am working tonight (5 till 11pm!!), I'm glad to have the day to myself to wander and be lazy. I swear, if i would have been stuck inside the cafe working today, I would have curled up and cried. Our big store front windows that look out onto Byres Road usually show us how lucky we are to be inside a warm, dry cafe and most days we're standing there making fun of people and their "run-away" umbrellas and we take bets on how long it will take for the Glasgow winds to take over and turn that umbrella inside out (about 8.6 seconds we've averaged) but today would have been torture!

Speaking of the cafe, my hands are really dry. haha. that only has to do with the cafe because al this manual labor (who needs it!?) and dish-washing has gotten my hands to the point where they closely resemble crocodile skin. I've invested good money into moisturizing hand creams and all that, but nothing seems to work! Has anyone got a rememdy? HELP!

No comments: